My thanks to Ruth over at the wonderful FlixChatter movie blog for passing on this cool award. To my shame, I was awarded this once before and I let it slip by without passing it on. This time I’m gonna do better. So, just so everyone knows, this award has its own unique rules”
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to
- Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post.
- Go to their page and tell them
- No tag backs.
11 THINGS ABOUT ME (gulp)
- I’m a funeral director. I’m not an embalmer or anything like that. I take care of families who have lost loved ones. Now you know one reason I loves movies. With this job I need an escape.
- I have a ridiculous love for Humphrey Bogart. I have almost every movie of his either on DVD, Blu-Ray, or VHS, even the weird obscure titles. I have all sorts of Bogie collectibles including a limited issue stamp sheet, a neck tie, a certified death certificate, and a life-sized cut out standing right next to my side of the bed. Weird, huh?
- I’m a deacon at my church.
- *NERD ALERT* I have a huge collection of autographed baseball cards. Hall of Famers, current players, you name them. I have hundreds and hundreds of authentically signed cards. Also have a some signed football and hockey cards. I’m not into getting autographs any longer, but I’m still really impressed with my collection.
- *NERD ALERT* I also have a massive comic book collection. I’m not buying books these days but I have comics dating back to the early 60’s including some of the first Avengers and Spider-Man books. I also have some awesome old Batman and Detective Comics stuff that I’m pretty proud of.
- My wife and I are only two years from our 20th wedding anniversary. She’s simply the best. This past June we celebrated early by spending a week in Paris. What a ride it’s been.
- I despise raunchy comedies.
- I live in a small town with a population under 5,000 people.
- I’m a huge fan of the Denver Broncos and the Texas Rangers.
- Some people drink booze and some do drugs. French fries in ranch dressing are my vices.
- I also have another blog site dedicated to my articles on Paris – Paris Through New Eyes
- Who’s your favorite movie actor who’s currently starring in a TV show? This is really tough mainly because, other than sports, I practically watch no television. But I guess I would say the underrated Sean Bean who is on “Game of Thrones”.
- Could you date someone who does not love movies? No, my wife wouldn’t let me!
- What makes you want to have a movie blog? From a really young age, I wanted to be a movie critic. Obviously that never happened but my enthusiasm over talking about movies hasn’t lessened. And while I’m not a very good writer, I love the idea of sharing my thoughts about something I love with people who share that love.
- Which director/actor collaboration you’d like to see [it has to be people who have never worked together before? I would love to see the Coen Brothers write and direct a picture starring Johnny Depp. Can you imagine just how wild and nutty a film involving those three would be?
- What dish are you good at making? Ribeye steaks on a charcoal grill. Steakhouses have nothing (and I do mean nothing) on me. My wife will testify to it.
- Any encounter with a celebrity you care to share? The biggest encounter doesn’t involve a movie star. Bob Feller, the Hall of Fame pitcher for the Cleveland Indians and arguable the greatest right-handed pitcher of all time, bought me a chocolate milk-shake from McDonalds. I won’t go into detail about all the time we spent with him that day but it ended with this baseball great buying a kid a milk shake. Amazing.
- Since the Olympics is still going on, what’s your favorite movie set in London? Wow, this is a great question. I think it might just be “Dial M for Murder”, one of my very favorite Alfred Hitchcock films.
- Which is your favorite movie writer [could be a journalist, novelist, etc.] Screen writer? Joel and Ethen Coen. I think those guys are geniuses. They have such range and I love almost all of the stuff.
- Which do you prefer: sweltering heat vs. cool, rainy days? I’m a sports guy so I guess sweltering hot days. But I do love cool rainy days as well.
- Favorite outfit/costume from a movie? Christian Bale in the final version of the Bat Suit ala “Dark Knight Rises”.
- Which actor/actress you initially detest but then slowly warming up to [feel free to reverse the question, that is an actor you initially love but now can’t stand] This one was tough. I have to say Adam Sandler. Early, early in his career he put out some movies that weren’t great, but pointed to what I thought would be a good comic career. Instead, Sandler pumps out a junk movie every year and I’m instantly turned off whenever I see his name attached to a project.
MY 11 NOMINATIONS
I’m sure some of these great bloggers have already received this but they certainly deserve more recognition:
- Marked Movies
- All Eyes on Screen
- 3 Guys 1 Movie
- My FilmViews
- Love Your Movies
- I Love That Film
- The Film Discussion
- Today I Watched A Movie
- Film Phage
- dbmovies blog
AND NOW MY QUESTIONS….
- What’s your biggest movie guilty pleasure (a movie you love so much even though you know it’s bad)?
- What actor or actress do you vehemently dislike and why?
- What are your thoughts on the current 3-D craze?
- What do you think was the best decade for movies and why?
- What the scariest movie you have ever seen?
- Have you ever walked out on a bad movie at the theater? Which one and why?
- What are your aspirations for your movie blog?
- Siskel or Ebert? Why?
- Who is the most beautiful woman or most handsome man in movies? (Heavy stuff here!)
- Do you have any weird movie novelties or collectibles? If so, what are they?
- Name three other movie blogs that you love to keep up with.
There ya go! Simple questions and to the point. Answer away my movie-going friends!!!